Friday, October 3, 2008

WE MOVED!

OK---We moved! YIPEE! We just moved into a beautiful little home...three bedroom, 2 1/2 bath....dark wood floors...not white walls...I'm so happy I don't know what to do with myself. Seriously. Life is great! Sorry no pictures lately, I lost our camera. I'm trying not to be too upset. We will just need to get a new one. Until then, you will just have to deal with pictures from my cell phone...and my little anecdotes.

Daxton and I shopped this week for "big boy pants" (sweet Disney underpants) and we are one step closer to being completely out of diapers (except for bedtime & naps.) I've been grateful for the wood floors..."accidents" are a lot easier to clean up on this floor than it would be with carpet. :) He is doing such a good job. He is turning into such a little man. It is really blowing my mind. He will be turning two in just a few weeks.

Matt and I have recently had a complete para dime-shift. Our life is heading in a much different direction than expected, and it is so AWESOME! I feel happier than I have in a long time. We count our blessings, and I feel like the heavens have been opening up and showering gifts from above. Lately, we have met a lot of wonderful people, and I feel wrapped in Heavenly Father's hands. He is truly taking care of us, and it makes me feel emotional...even just typing about it right now. There are times in life where you know that it is not JUST YOU. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows me personally. He knows and loves my family. AND---he knows what our family needs, and has given us a path to take to make all of it happen. Life's blessings don't always come without a little sacrifice. We have been a little busier than usual (hence the not writing as frequently on our blog), and I have had a few more nights away from our baby....but all in all I can't believe what is happening. It's a miracle.

Amidst all the turmoil our economy is in right now, amidst the serious decisions we have to make with congress, and the BIG vote out here in California...the gloom and the doom...there has been light. I know that if we keep our life in line with Heavenly Father's plan we will be taken care of.

Have an amazing weekend...so much love headed your way this evening. Good night. From my family to yours. XOXOX

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Jessica -

So great to hear a bit from you! Congratulations on your house! Are you and Matt going to be at Heart next week? I will be there and hope we can catch up. So what is happening? I kept thinking you would share, so now I am dying to hear what you two are up to! Life is great here - definitely on the FAST track! Let me know how you are...

Tiffany

Melanie said...

I love your new design, it is way cute. I am so glad you are so happy and hope that it stays that way for a long time!

Cristi said...

I know what you mean about having hard wood instead of carpet! THank goodness!

Disneyland May 2008